Translate

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Masked Buddha : New Delhi | India



By Yantr (instrument)

Long before I had a phone or camera I used to cross this particular village in New Delhi, named Khirki. It led to one of the top-notch malls in the city. There was something about this that made me stare at it without realizing where the time went. I've been seeing way before people even started noticing street art in Delhi. Thanks to my friends house being close to this place, the day I got the first chance, I went about clicking this piece from every angle I could. 

"From every angle it's perfect and not just the art work but the message hidden behind that mask."

Irony is, it's painted right in front of a garbage dump. 
Next time you visit Delhi, be sure to walk across the village to see some great work by Daku (Indian Banksy) and Yantra 
Yantra named himself perfectly and even works towards it. Truly and instrument to change the world. What better way than art itself. 

Correction - What I perceived the mural to be was not the actual though behind it. 

Street artist Yantr shows Buddha in a mask. The graffiti in Khirki extension aims to spread awareness and discourse on Operation Smiling Buddha, India’s first nuclear weapon explosion that took place on 18th May, 1974. (IBNLIVE)

No comments:

Post a Comment